Wednesday, January 21, 2009

En route to LAX (somewhere over Vegas, maybe)

We're just about home. I'm actually getting used to these long flights. I thought that would be a difficult part of the trip for me, but after I got through the very first four-hour flight to Detroit, I was fine. I've been catching up on movies I hadn't seen. I almost didn't get on the flight back though. I think I jinxed myself by saying I wasn't ready to leave because when we got to the airport, I was the only person in our group that wasn't listed on the flight. I did end up getting on though, so no adventure getting stuck in Tanzania... hehe.

We had a little bit of time during our layover in Amsterdam, so we took the train to the city centre and walked around a bit. There wasn't enough time to visit a museum, but we did have a chance to get some hot cocoa and a little snack. Such beautiful buildings there! That was my first time in Europe. I'll have to go back and spend some time there. As we were wiating for our flight to LAX, I ran into my biochem professor, Dr. Weers. What a small world! He had been in Holland visiting family (that's where he's from originally) and was on the same flight as us. Crazy...

This trip has been full of surprises. I still don't know if I'm 100% ready to come back, but there is a lot of work to be done at home. We have some major issues to work our with our travel agent and I need to work on the final assignments for this class and finish the last of my grad school applications. It'll be nice to nurse my sunburn and other ailments (which reminds me that I forgot to take my last dose of Cipro and Malarone). I hope someone will be there to pick me up when we get to LAX! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment