Tuesday, January 6, 2009

En route to Detroit, Flight NW330

Even now, I’m not sure if the realization that I will be in Africa tomorrow has really sunk in. The preparations for my trip have kept me distracted and I think that there is something surreal about being at a point in my life where I am doing EXACTLY what I’ve set out to do. For some reason, that reality is difficult to accept and I’m sure that my excitement is further tempered by the extremely long flights necessary to reach our destination. I’ve only made it through the first three hours of the shortest flight – four hours from LAX to Detroit. I think that I still need to grow accustomed to this aspect of international travel. We still have two more eight hour flights before reaching Kilimanjaro. You would think that after staying up all night it would be easier to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment